Everyone is welcome in the American Quilt Study Group.
Joining the group will provide you with access to a network of knowledgeable people who are passionate about quilts, their past, present and future.
AQSG stands as one of the oldest and largest member organizations dedicated to quilt related studies in the world. American Quilt Study Group is unique in our offerings.
In addition to nurturing and sharing research, one of the biggest dividends of membership is the opportunity to meet other members, in person or online.
There are multiple ways to support the American Quilt Study Group. You can research, encourage, listen, share, give, support!
Each member of AQSG offers a different gift and these gifts and talents complete the circle. These are the people that make AQSG what we are.
Not only do members receive the special benefits listed below, but your support helps AQSG develop a responsible and accurate body of information about quilts and their makers. AQSG funds are directed towards several projects that support our mission, including support for research paper presentations at Seminar, research and publication grants, scholarships for researchers who wish to attend our annual Seminar, and the ongoing circulation of our scholarly publications.
The AQSG membership year is January 1 through December 31. New memberships received on or after November 1 will continue through December 31 of the following year.
- Student (Send copy of current student I.D.) - $40
- Senior (age 65 and over) -$65
- Friend - $75
- Associate - $120
- Regional Study Group/Guild/Organization - $120
- Benefactor - $250-$999
- Sponsor - $1,000-$1,999
- Patron - $2,000-$4,999
- Pacesetter - $5,000-$9,999
- Master's Circle - $10,000 and above
- Annual Seminar: Members receive advance information about Seminar and pay a members-only registration fee.
- Directory: Each member receives a complimentary digital copy annually. Additionally, a copy of the Directory will be available after it is released on our members only page. Members may request one paper copy for $10.00.
- Quarterly Publication: Our quarterly publication, Blanket Statements, is sent to members by e-mail, in color. Additionally, Blanket Statements will be available after it is released on our members only page. Paper copies, in black and white, are available in lieu of e-mail for those who prefer.
- Annual Journal: Uncoverings is the premier publication on quilt-related studies. It includes the papers presented at AQSG Seminars. Every member receives each new volume of Uncoverings; a full-year membership at the Associate level and above includes two copies.
- AQSG Online Discussion List: Members of AQSG are invited to join the online discussion list to discuss research and quilt-related projects. Members interested in joining the discussion list should email or call the office (AQSG2@americanquiltstudygroup.org/(402) 477-1181) for information on joining the list. We will give you all the necessary information you need to get signed on.
Membership in AQSG is open to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.