Save the Date
Seminar 2020 September 9-13: Harrisonburg, Virginia
Seminar 2021 October 6-10: Tarrytown, New York
Seminar 2022 September 28 - October 3, 2022: San Diego, California
What is Seminar?
AQSG's feature event is our annual Seminar. Held in a new location every year, Seminar brings quilt enthusiasts and scholars together for a weekend engaged in quilt study. In addition to the presentation of research papers chosen for publication in Uncoverings and a renowned keynote speaker, Seminar offers pre-conference tours, study centers, panel paper presentations, and a poster session, all directed toward the interests of quilt lovers. Other events include a book signing featuring famous authors of quilt history; a live and silent auction of quilt treasures; show-and-tell of remarkable quilts, textiles and related items; an on-site quilt exhibition; and the sale of vintage quilts and textiles from member dealers all over the country.
Seminar presents the opportunity to view quilts from new perspectives, discuss aspects of women's and cultural history, learn the latest in documentation and research, as well as the chance to mingle with authors, quilters, teachers, and quilt community leaders. AQSG's Seminar guarantees a unique learning experience for everyone with a connection to quilts.
Call for Poster Session Abstracts
- AQSG poster sessions at the Annual Seminar, provide members opportunity to present their quilt-related research to fellow Seminar participants.
- A poster presentation is a focused display of a research question, literature review, research methods, and results.
- The AQSG poster session hosts multiple research presentations at the same time, and encourages conversation between presenter and audience in a relaxed, salon format.
- For many academic disciplines, poster sessions are an important conference component as many people can share their research in one time slot with interested attendees.
How Can I Participate?
- To be considered for the Poster Presentation Session, submit an Abstract by May 1 to email@example.com.
- Abstracts are 200-word “research snapshots” that describe briefly the research being undertaken.
- Abstracts will be reviewed and selected by members of the Publications Committee in a double blind process (both submitters’ and reviewers’ names will be kept confidential from one another).
- The amount of space available at the Seminar venue may affect the number of abstracts accepted.
I Still Have Questions About Research Posters…
For those unfamiliar with poster sessions, participants generally prepare a display consisting of a large poster or various sheets of information that can be pin-mounted onto a standing display board. Presenters may also have a PowerPoint slide show or videos on their laptop, collections of pertinent items, and handouts.
Poster Presentation Information and Assistance:
Presenters are responsible for constructing the poster, including providing a standing display board if required, transporting it to and from Seminar, and setting up and taking down posters before and after the 2-hour session. Presenters are expected to be present to discuss their posters with interested audience members. More specific information will be available closer to the Seminar date.