American Quilt Study Group is an independent membership organization recognized as a 501(c)(3), non-profit corporation. Membership dues, Seminar fees, charitable donations, and publication sales fund the corporation.
American Quilt Study Group is a recognized 501c3 non-profit quilt research organization with members in the U.S. and abroad. We welcome all persons interested in the history of quiltmaking. Members of American Quilt Study Group participate in the effort to preserve quilt heritage through our various publications, extensive research library, yearly Seminar and membership contacts. Membership is comprised of traditional and contemporary quilt artists, quilt lovers, historians, researchers, collectors, dealers, folklorists, authors, museum curators, quilt appraisers, and students of women's studies.
General business is conducted through the AQSG office in Lincoln, Nebraska.
American Quilt Study Group
1610 L Street
Lincoln, NE 68508-2509
Phone/Fax: (402) 477-1181
AQSG Board of Directors
Every year, members elect Directors to three-year terms on the Board of AQSG. Directors volunteer their service in managing the business and affairs of the non-profit corporation. Any member is eligible to stand for election to the board. Eligibility requires one full year membership prior to nomination. Directors come from a broad range of interests and occupations related to quilts and textiles.
- Jayne Steffens, President, Wisconsin
- Dana Balsamo, Secretary, New Jersey
- Virginia Berger, Treasurer, Iowa
- Karen Dever, First Vice President, New Jersey
- Jodi Evans, Second Vice President, Iowa
- Kim Baird, North Dakota
- Carol Born, Colorado
- Cheryl Christian, Texas
- Deb Dahab, Nebraska
- Taryn Faulkner, Maryland
- Claire McKarns, California
- Ebie Morris, Illinois
- Sharon Waddell, New York
- Janice Frisch, Editor, Uncoverings
- Jill Wilson, Editor, Blanket Statements
- Lisa Erlandson, Editor, Quilt Study Books
- Judy J. Brott Buss, Ph.D., Executive Director
- Anne E. Schuff, Member Services Coordinator